These are SO good. SO SO good. It’s the kind of cookie dough you don’t mind your kids eating raw. In fact, you won’t mind them eating these at all.
The low down on nutrition:
6.5 grams of protien
3.5 grams of fiber
17 grams of carbs
7.5 grams of sugar
They are considered vegan, gluten-free and grain free. And they taste SO good. We made them for lunch and I plan to bake several batches to stick into the kids’ lunch boxes for school.
- 1 1/4 Cups Chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup natural peanut butter (heaping) pinch of salt (if pb is unsalted)
- 1/4 cup Honey, Agave or Maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Step #1: In a food processor, combine all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a food processor and process until very smooth. You may have to add a tiny bit of water until the mixture clumps into a giant ball (add only a very small amount at a time).
- Step #2 Stir (or use hands) to mix in Chocolate chips and nuts.
- Step #3 Roll all the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Step #4
- Eat raw like cookie dough or....
- Place on a sprayed cookie sheet and gently press a fork to make marks. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. They are delicious when the chocolate is still warm!
- When we first began making these cookies, I combined all the ingredients at once. This works fine. The cookies will be more chewy and darker in color. I have found that separating the ingredients helps my food processor blend better.