How about some yummy goodness on a Monday before the weekly chaos begins? This recipe was created with plant based milk, fresh fruit, and maple syrup. Say no more, it has been a hit since the first time I made it and with the busy holiday season about to come upon us, this casserole will be my “go to” choice in order to save my sanity and offer comfort on cold mornings. YUM!
Overnight French Toast with Blue Berries - Vegan
Write a review
- 1/3 cup almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups coconut, cashew or almond milk or dairy for non vegans.
- 1/4-1/2 cup pure maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon apple pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 loaf fresh french bread torn into chunks or sliced
- Fresh fruit or other toppings
- Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and layer chunks or layers of bread.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, and mix very well.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the sliced bread. Make sure each piece is nicely coated.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap, and chill it for several hours or ideally overnight.
- To prepare the French toast, preheat your oven to 375 degrees and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the center is hot and the top is golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit, dairy-free whipped cream and extra maple syrup, if desired.
Heather Riggleman https://heatherriggleman.com/