Summer time begs for iced tea, sitting in the shade, and fresh vegetables from the garden. Yet, sometimes I crave a certain spice or flavor which chickpeas are perfect for. What? You say… Chickpeas?
Seriously, these are versatile, tasty, full of protein and add a variety of flavor depending on your taste buds and culinary skills. 🙂 Fortunately for me, my husband and teenager whips up these snacks for me on a daily basis.
Just last night, I snacked on these while I watched my kids run through a field of fireflies.
Here are the 3 different ways to try them. :-0
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper
- 15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk the oil and spices in a small bowl; add the chickpeas and toss to coat. Spread into a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until nicely browned and slightly crispy, about 45 minutes.
- This bad boys...chicks are full of protein and really any spice works. Go ahead, try it and share your favorite spice.