“Elijah isn’t reading as well as he could be. You can tell from the break he took over the summer he isn’t confident when he reads out loud. If he can spend 10 to 15 minutes each day reading, he can catch up to his peers.”
Stunned by my genius child’s “lack,” I discovered another consequence from our summer of switching medication for his ADHD. It had taken nearly a month for one medicine to build up in his system which translated into insane month of managing behaviors–reading a book was at the bottom of the list. But it was promising to know if he exercised his abilities he would be stronger in no time–just like our faith or lack of.
Faith is not just a one-time decision to follow Jesus, instead we are called to increase in faith. And when life has you living on the edge or hanging on to the very last frayed thread, it’s hard to exercise our faith, sometimes it’s the last thing we do when we should be exercising it the most. Faith has been described like a muscle and muscles in our body will atrophy if it is not used. If you have ever had a cast on an arm or leg for a few weeks you know what I mean.
So what happens to our faith if our Bibles get dusty and our knees never hit the floor?
Life in the Riggleman household is often full of vibrant chaos. I can say vibrant because I’ve learned to create high structure for my kids with special needs, they thrive when life is routine and they know what happens next. But as a grown chica, I know life doesn’t always go as planned. When I find myself full doubt and surrounded by grey moments, it’s because I slacked off and allowed my muscles of faith to atrophy. Just when I’m waist deep in a mess, I wonder where God is–and what I love about him is he whispers his faithfulness when I’ve forgotten.
You may be going through moments where you’re wondering if God is faithful because of the storm surrounding you. I can promise you this, you may be surrounded by deep waters but he won’t let you drown, whether your grieving from a loved one passing away, the diagnosis of cancer, filing for bankruptcy or divorce. It may be the case of terrible two’s three’s or hormonal teenage years–I promise you God is faithful. Here are verses to pin to remind you of God’s faithfulness. 🙂 Be blessed.
15 Verses to Remind Us of His Faithfulness
[Tweet “He is faithful when we are faithless”]
- Psalms 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
- Psalms 86:15 “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.”
- Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
- Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
- 1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 10:9 We must not put Christ to the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
- Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
- Psalms 40:10 I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart; I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation.
- Proverbs 28:20 A faithful man will abound with blessings, but whoever hastens to be rich will not go unpunished.
- Luke 16:10 One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.
- 1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful.
- 2 Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, he remains faithful—for he cannot deny himself.
- Psalms 36:5 Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.
Don’t miss out on my blog posts, I promise not to fill your inbox. Sign up here and receive my new book, “Let’s Talk About Prayer” for free.
Mama Needs A Time Out
Daily Getaway’s for The Mom’s Soul
ALSO AVAILABLE FROM: